- Clary Sage
- Latin Name: Salvia sclarea L.
- Origin: France
- Extraction Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Leaves / Flowering tops
- Cultivation: Certified Organic
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery. Always dilute.
- Note: Middle Note, Excellent Fixative
- Aroma Noe: Very intense, diffusive, fresh, sweet-herbaceous, slightly bitter aroma with tea, soft tobacco and leather-like undertones that becomes more predominant in the drydown; very tenacious.
- Blends Well With: Amyris, Basil, Bergamot and other Citrus oils, Cardamom, Carnation, Cedarwood, Champaca, Cinnamon, Cistus, Citronella, Coriander, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Hay, Jasmine, Juniper, Labdanum, Lavender, Lime, Orange, Patchouli, Pine, Rose, Sandalwood, Tobacco Absolute, Ylang Ylang. In the classical type of cologne perfumes,Clary Sage essential oil acts as a very fragrant fixative, particularly in combination with labdanum products.
Contraindications: Avoid during pregnancy