- Botanical Name: Curcuma longa L.
- Origin: India or Indonesia
- Process: CO2 Total Extract
- Plant Part: Rhizomes
- Cultivation: Certified Organic (USDA, NOP)
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery. Always dilute.
- Note: Middle to Base Note
- Aroma: Warm, smooth, mildly spicy, woody, with a slight ginger-like aroma evocative of the freshly cut root; smoother and more full-bodied than Turmeric essential oil.
- Blends Well With: Bergamot, Cardamom, Cassie, Cistus, Clary Sage, Coriander, Frankincense, Ginger, Galangal, Helichrysum, Labdanum, Lavender, Mimosa, Neroli, Orange, Orris, Patchouli, Petitgrain, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang.
- Contraindications: A dermal maximum of 0.5%-1.5% is recommended
Contraindications: Has GRAS status (Generally Recognized as Safe) but contraindicates (adversely interacts with) diabetes medications. To be used in low amounts and for short periods of time. Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.Use in a 0.5 - 1.5% dilution for topical use, the C02 turmeric root we offer needs further dilution than steam distilled ginger.
Organic Turmeric CO2 has a warm, spicy scent that will be familiar to those who have used turmeric powder in cooking. Turmeric has been prized for centuries in many Asian cultures for its wide-ranging benefits. Turmeric Oil is known to help calm aching joints, whether from aging or overexertion. It is also excellent for belly issues ranging from gas to menstrual discomfort.
For cosmetic applications, Turmeric Oil can reduce the appearance of blemishes and help protect the skin against environmental impurities. The warming properties of Turmeric can also help ease tension in the head.
- Latin Name: Curcuma longa
- Extraction: CO2